Position: Pelvic Health Physiotherapist
Location: Peterborough, Ontario (Trent University campus)
Closing date: When position is filled
Contact name: Michael Williams MScPT, MClSc(MT), FCAMPT
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact phone number: 705-741-4758
Trent Health in Motion is seeking a pelvic health physiotherapist with strong clinical reasoning and communication skills to join our multidisciplinary team. Our clinical team includes an orthopaedic surgeon, sports medicine physician, physiotherapists, chiropractors, massage therapists, athletic therapist, dietitian and a kinesiologist. We can offer part-time hours and the opportunity to grow to full-time. We are located in the Athletics Centre on the beautiful campus of Trent University.
We provide physiotherapists with:
- A fun and supportive work environment with a friendly group of colleagues
- Electronic charting and strong administrative support
- A beautiful clinic space with direct access to a state-of-the-art Swimex Hydrotherapy pool and fully equipped gym
- The opportunity for mentorship with FCAMPT physiotherapists, and to work with a sports medicine physician who specializes in pregnant and postpartum populations
- Regular clinical inservices and opportunities for collaboration with interprofessional colleagues
- Opportunities for both on-field and in-clinic experience with Varsity athletes
Our ideal team member:
- Has completed Pelvic Health Solutions Levels 1-3, and is rostered with the CPO to perform internal pelvic exams
- Has experience providing pelvic health treatment and education to pregnant, postpartum patients
- Has interest in the role of pelvic health in low back and hip pain, as well as in general sporting populations
- Is available to work at least 2 days per week
- Is compassionate, personable, and a team player
- Is open to participation in health promotion and clinic marketing initiatives
- Communicates with family doctors/specialists by writing assessment and progress notes when requested
Interest/experience in Sport Physiotherapy, and/or completion of Orthopaedic Division manual therapy courses is an asset, although all applicants will be considered.
If you are interested in growing as a physiotherapist, being a member of a multidisciplinary team, in a state of the art clinic and athletic facility, on an energetic university campus, then this is an opportunity you won’t want to miss.