Position: Pelvic Floor Physiotherapist
City: Woodstock, ON
Closing date: April 3, 2020
Contact Name: Ashley Hamilton
Phone Number: 647-400-6488
Website Address: https://www.thewomb.ca/
THE WOMB – World of My Baby (Woodstock Location)
THE WOMB provides families with support, health and education from conscious creating, informed pregnancy, mindful birth and parenting in a non-judgmental, welcoming environment through self-awareness, support, education, and an integrated health care team. It is a centre of excellence; a place where expert practitioners of health and research provide families with the best care possible and individuals come to receive tenderness, education, and love.
Other services provided: Naturopathy, osteopathy, chiropractic care, breastfeeding support, birth & postnatal doula support, counseling & coaching, registered massage therapy, craniosacral therapy, fitness and yoga, workshops, classes & groups, gentle sleep consulting & holistic nutrition coaching.
PELVIC HEALTH AT THE WOMB
The Pelvic Health Physiotherapists of THE WOMB educate, empower and inspire women to reach their full potential. Our care approach is founded on evidence-informed practice principles inclusive of the self-management support strategies to engage clients in the care process and build their self-efficacy. We do not support a paternalistic care approach that promotes dependency. We acknowledge the need to apply a biopsychosocial approach and shared team care.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Has knowledge and passion for working with women through trying to conceive, pregnancy, birth, postpartum and beyond.
- Has completed levels 1, 2 and pain neuroscience education course, and is committed to further training.
- Has exceptional communication skills and is drawn to a team atmosphere.
- Has an interest in facilitating workshops related to any aspect of a physiotherapist’s scope of practice that is relative to the WOMBs mission and vision.
- Has membership in good standing with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario.
- Available to start part-time and grow to a full-time caseload.
- Interest in developing expertise working with men and children would be considered an asset.
- To provide thought leadership and care in a community that has previously not had the benefit of services in this area.
- To receive mentorship and training from Dr. Sinéad Dufour, Director of Pelvic Health Services at the WOMB and Associate Clinical Professor at McMaster University.
- To work with and make a difference for women and their families at a critical window in their healthspan.