Position: Pelvic Floor Physiotherapist- P/T F/T
City: Kanata (Ottawa)
Contact Name: Erin Kasungu
Closing Date: October 31, 2021
Website: www.rootedfamily.ca (live by mid-October)
Rooted Family Wellness Centre (RFWC) is a new multidisciplinary clinic that provides quality holistic health, fitness, and educational services for fertility, pregnancy, and postnatal families in Kanata. The team at RFWC will be creating a caring support system for families so that they can achieve their optimum health and lay a strong foundation for their future.
RFWC offers holistic healthcare services (naturopathic, osteopath, chiropractor, massage therapist, pelvic floor therapist, nutritionist, lactation consultant, acupuncturist), movement classes (yoga, fitness, Pilates), mental health counselling and other classes (childbirth preparation, nutrition, breastfeeding, introduction to solids, etc.). This combination of services under one roof allows for clients to become aware of the other services and support available to them. Building community is central to the business model and the space will allow for clients to build connections with other families in the region.
We are looking for friendly, dedicated and motivated individuals to join our multidisciplinary team! RFWC is seeking a qualified Pelvic Floor Physiotherapist who is passionate about supporting parents and families in their fertility, pregnancy and postnatal journeys.
We are offering a competitive split (to be discussed with applicants) and are hiring on a part-time basis with the potential to expand to full-time hours. There are available hours from Tuesday through Saturday, so scheduling is flexible.
- Registered and rostered with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario to perform internal pelvic floor assessment and treatment
- Level 1, 2 or higher for pelvic floor PT is required. Must be trained for external and internal assessments and in the following: urinary and fecal incontinence, prolapse, pelvic pain, complex pain, pregnancy and postpartum.
- Proof of valid liability/malpractice insurance and police record check
- Provide kind and sympathetic communication with patients
- Desire to work in a holistic team atmosphere
- Great time management and organizational skills
- Networking abilities to promote RFWC services and programs
RFWC pelvic floor therapists are responsible for performing clinical assessments, providing treatment plans and delivering high-quality treatment sessions utilizing the RFWC e-charting software. Sessions include client education, treatments, lifestyle recommendations, body awareness exercises, and referral to other Rooted Family practitioners as needed. Treatment appointments are for 30, 60 or 75 minutes each. There are 15-minute breaks between each booking to fully sanitize the treatment room. It is suggested to take a 45-minute break for every 5 hours worked.
- Location: Kanata, Ontario
- Job Type: Part-time
- Part-time hours: 16-25 per week
- Contract length: 12 months (with the opportunity to extend)
- Expected start date: 2021-11-01
- Bed and linens are provided
- Administrative, booking system and marketing services included
- Cross-referrals from other RFWC practitioners and being part of a dynamic team
- Flexible schedule
- Easy access to free parking
- Be a part of something new!