Bladder pain syndrome is not all about the bladder. Set yourself up with comprehensive, evidence-based assessment and treatment skills for those with Bladder Pain Syndrome (Interstitial Cystitis), taking into account systemic pathological neuroimmune, sensory and motor changes. This weekend workshop will explore what we’re told and how our patients communicate their needs. We’ll also look at how we can best facilitate their recovery, and walk away with resources to revamp practice.
You’ll improve your practical skills with 4 hours of labs and fine tune your clinical reasoning. From myofascial release to mindfulness, diet to drugs – we’ll cover everything that you need to know and do, and then give you exclusive access to ongoing professional support and resources to keep your knowledge and skills fresh.
This workshop provides:
– a solid grounding in the current BPS research
– skills to confidently assess a patient with BPS
– knowledge of how and why to think outside the box to meet your patient’s needs
– ability to clinically reason (like a ninja)
– chance to learn and practice evidenced based manual therapy, including the therapeutic wand
– confidence in empowering your patients to self-manage
– the knowledge of how and why to draw upon the wider MDT to support your interventions
But it doesn’t stop there…
After the course you’ll get a further month of activities designed to embed and process new knowledge (and have fun!) and eternal access to filmed lectures from your course. You’ll also get exclusive access to the closed Bladder Heroes Facebook group where we keep up to date with the changing research in BPS, join the community of international physios passionate in this area and have access to ongoing professional support.
It’s time to be a Bladder Hero.
This course is open to physiotherapists, naturopathic doctors, registered nurses and medical doctors.
Level 1 (or equivalent to be approved) and experience treating patients
Registration begins on the first day 15 minutes prior to the start time.