Cancers in the pelvis account for a relatively large percentage of new diagnoses for both cis-males and females. Side effects can occur with any type of cancer treatment, whether that be surgical, radiation, or chemotherapy.The severity and type of side effects will depend on the specific area or organs effected, size of area treated, type and amount of surgery, radiation, chemotherapy, and overall health and co-morbidities.
Pelvic health physiotherapy is uniquely positioned to address symptoms of cancer treatment including urinary, bowel and sexual dysfunction. This evidenced based course discusses a whole-person approach that can help improve the quality of life in this extremely under-serviced population.
- Discuss different types of pelvic cancers
- Become familiar with the medical treatments for various pelvic cancers
- Understand the side effects of surgery, chemotherapy and radiation
- Discuss various dilator protocols that are used after pelvic cancer/radiation
- Understand the evidence behind the role of physiotherapy as a multidisciplinary team member during and after cancer diagnosis and treatment
Prerequisite: Level 1 (or equivalent to be approved)
Hours: One-day course from10:30am-6:30pm ET (Toronto)
Course Bundle Option:
Bundle the two courses outlined below and receive a course discount!
Oncology and The Pelvic Floor Live-Online course running February 19, 2021
Breast Cancer Rehabilitation Live-Online running February 20-21, 2021
If registering for Oncology & the PF – $199 + HST ($224.87 incl. HST)
If registering for Breast Cancer Rehab – $395 + HST ($446.35 incl. HST)
If registering for both courses – $525 + HST ($593.25 incl. HST)