Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine for Endometriosis is perfect for women’s health and wellness professionals who work with clients with pelvic pain, fatigue, digestive issues, anxiety and depression, specifically related to endometriosis. This course addresses evidence-based nutrition and lifestyle medicine strategies to address the digestive issues, immune health, neurologic issues, and hormone health related to endometriosis.
In this course, the participant will learn:
- What is endometriosis? Where is endometriosis? (*And, how is it different from adenomyosis?)
- Screening for endometriosis
- The epigenetics and genetics of Endometriosis
- Endometriosis and surgery… what are the facts?
- Lifestyle medicine and nutrition pre- and post-op to support optimal surgical outcomes.
- Medical options for endometriosis, including CBD oil, oral contraceptives, and more…
- Co-morbidities in endometriosis, including IBS, vulvodynia, pelvic floor dysfunction, cancer, and more…
- Using nutrition and supplements to optimize the function of the digestive, immune, endocrine, and pain signaling systems in endometriosis.
- Using manual therapy, movement therapy, stress management, sleep, and community support to optimize the function of the digestive, immune, endocrine, and pain signaling systems in endometriosis.
- Endometriosis and pregnancy… myths and realities.
- Endometriosis and teens… myths and realities.
- Supporting women with endometriosis to implement lifestyle medicine for life.
This course is open to all healthcare professionals. No prerequisites required.
Live-Online course hours:
Saturday 10:00am – 7:00/7:30pm EST (Toronto)
Sunday 10:00am – 6:00pm EST (Toronto)