Join Teresa Waser for this live, interactive and practical course that will help widen the lens beyond the pelvis and further empower you in helping those with pelvic health and musculoskeletal concerns. Challenge your beliefs about exercise for those with leaking, prolapse, diastasis, and pain. Walk away with a series of exercise progressions and modifications that you can begin implementing with your clients immediately. This course will give you the tools to provide exercise beyond the pelvis for everyone – from the serious athlete to the everyday person!
- Take away a series of exercise progressions that you can immediately implement with your clients including squat, hip hinge, push, pull, and impact progressions regardless of current level of activity
- Understand how to teach and easily modify these exercises to match the abilities, needs and goals of the person in front of you
- Establish key elements we can vary to successfully and confidently apply exercise and movement to the everyday person
- Challenge ourselves to move exercise for pelvic health concerns beyond isolated pelvic floor strengthening and look beyond the pelvis
- Discover how can we match exercise to the intended target(s) AND to the individual in front of us
- Learn to widen the lens of exercise prescription to consider interrelated targets beyond the tissue level
- Challenge your beliefs on exercise and movement: what it might look like, who it is for, and how it can serve us
- Reconceptualize movement as a truly biopsychosocial intervention
Audience: Physical therapists, Occupational therapists and other healthcare professionals, fitness professionals with a special interest in pelvic health are also welcome.
Prerequisite: None – just an open mind!
Date/Time: November 17 & 24, 2021 from 5-9pm ET (Toronto) – please convert to your local time zone.