Position Title: Pelvic Physiotherapist
Department: Rehab and Wellbeing Centre
Location: Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, Toronto
Employment Type: Part time
Hours of Work: Part-time/full-time available
Reports to: Medical Director and Clinic Manager
Start date: April 2019
The Rehab and Wellbeing Centre at Mount Sinai Hospital is a multi-disciplinary clinic with physiotherapy, chiropractic services, massage therapy, acupuncture, athletic therapy, nutrition, podiatry, psychology, speech therapy, voice therapy, sports medicine physicians and orthopaedic surgeons. We provide assessment and treatment to athletes, healthcare workers, hospital patients, and the general community. Our main location is downtown Toronto at Mount. Sinai Hospital, and we have satellite clinics in Vaughan (in the Schwartz/Reisman Centre) and in east Toronto (at Bridgepoint Health). We pride ourselves on exceptional care and service, with a commitment to evidence-based treatment.
Located at Mount Sinai Hospital, the Physiotherapist will have a special interest in pelvic floor physiotherapy and women’s health. Responsibilities include:
- Patient education and staff collaboration
- Licensed with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- Medical Acupuncture preferred but not essential
- Level II Manual Therapy preferred but not essential
- Minimum of two years’ work experience in a clinical setting
- Pelvic Health Physiotherapist with Levels I & II/III coursework completed or active pursuit (incontinence and pelvic pain).
- Excellent physiotherapy clinical skills with a broad variety of diagnostic groups including post-surgical, orthopaedic and sports related MSK
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates excellent skills in collaboration with multi-disciplinary, administrative staff and patients
- Maintains accurate, complete and timely patient records
- Demonstrated exceptional work performance and attendance record
- Committed to a physically active and healthy lifestyle
- Determined to build a successful practice where patients come first
For more information and to apply, please send your resume and cover letter to rehabandwellbeing.MSH@sinaihealthsystem.ca
All employees will follow safe work practices and comply with the roles and responsibilities that are outlined with respect to health and safety policies, procedures and training at Mount Sinai Hospital. In accordance with Hospital policy and legislated health and safety requirements, employment is conditional upon the completion of a health review.