Although there has been a huge growth in interest in male pelvic health over the past decade, with a growing body of research to match, there is still a lack of pelvic rehab practitioners to treat men with pelvic health issues. This one day Masterclass is designed to give the physiotherapist confidence and a skillset in treating men, particularly in the areas of pelvic pain, bladder and erectile dysfunction and pre and post-prostatectomy recovery. Which skills are transferable for female pelvic health? Which aren’t? How to communicate effectively about sensitive topics? How to protect your own boundaries, as well as those of your male patients?
Topics covered include:
- Anatomy and physiology review of the male reproductive, urological, anorectal and neuromusculoskeletal systems;
- Understanding male pelvic pain: assessment, differential diagnoses and treatment strategies
- Pelvic pain and dysfunction in the male athlete: from pudendal neuralgia to proximal hamstring tendinopathy
- Differential diagnoses of ‘groin pain’: from adductors to hernias and pelvic floor dysfunction
- Pre and Post Prostatectomy Rehab strategies: short, medium and long term strategies for living well
- Communication skills and patient compliance – incorporating a biopsychosocial approach
One day course. Registration begins on the first day 30 minutes prior to the start time.
Level I or equivalent to be approved
|Early bird before May 10, 2019||Standard rate May 10, 2019|
|If registering for Male Masterclass||$265 + HST ($299.45 incl. HST)||$290 + HST ($327.70 incl. HST)|
|If registering for Evil Triplets||$745 + HST ($841.85 incl. HST)||$815 + HST ($920.95 incl. HST)|
|If registering for both courses||$860 + HST ($971.80 incl. HST)||$930 + HST ($1050.90 incl. HST)|