Chung (2012) described the Evil Triplets of Pelvic Pain as Endometriosis, Interstitial Cystitis and Pudendal Neuralgia, but for three widely discussed diseases/syndromes in the literature, there is still a lot of misunderstanding, misdiagnosis and delayed or mis-treatment.
Endometriosis affects up to 15% of all women worldwide, but many women wait many years and see many different providers before arriving at accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment (hint: it is not hysterectomy!). This means that for many women, disabling pain, dysmenorrhea, dyspareunia, digestive dysfunction and fertility issues become daily, weekly and monthly burdens. There is a good and growing body of evidence to support the role of pelvic rehab in optimizing function in all of these domains, as well as providing advice around exercise prescription, pain science education and generalized lifestyle medicine, after laparoscopic excision has been performed.
This course takes a deep dive on Endometriosis, Interstitial Cystitis/ Bladder Pain Syndrome and Pudendal Neuralgia, exploring anatomy and physiology, hormonal imbalances that can lead to other differential diagnoses such as dysmenorrhea, adenomyosis and PCOS, as well as an exploration of how best to utilize tools such as manual therapy, exercise prescription and a truly biopsychosocial approach to help women live well. We will look at the evidence around pelvic rehab strategies for working with mechanical infertility, the evidence for and strategies to include mindfulness, yoga, pilates and nutrition in dealing with pelvic pain, as part of a multidisciplinary approach.
Topics covered include:
- Anatomy and physiology review of the female reproductive and neuromusculoskeletal systems
- Understanding female hormonal functions and dysfunctions
- Endometriosis presentations, and medical/ surgical treatment approaches
- Moving from Interstitial Cystitis to Bladder Pain Syndrome – how best to treat
- Occult hernias and pelvic pain
- The evidence for pelvic rehab strategies for dysmenorrhea
- Integrating manual therapy, exercise prescription, lifestyle medicine and pain science for endometriosis, bladder pain syndrome, pudendal neuralgia and friends
- Pelvic Rehab and Mechanical Infertility
- Sexual Rehab Strategies
- Living well after Hysterectomy
- Developing an anti-inflammatory lifestyle
Two day course. Hours to be determined. Registration begins on the first day 30 minutes prior to the start time.
Level I or equivalent to be approved
|Early bird before 12/07/2018||Standard rate after 12/07/2018|
|If registering for Male Masterclass||$265 + HST ($299.45 incl. HST)||$290 + HST ($327.70 incl. HST)|
|If registering for Evil Triplets||$745 + HST ($841.85 incl. HST)||$815 + HST ($920.95 incl. HST)|
|If registering for both courses||$860 + HST ($971.80 incl. HST)||$930 + HST ($1050.90 incl. HST)|