Pelvic Girdle Pain can be a frightening and overwhelming problem in pregnancy and beyond. This course will help you to de-threaten pelvic girdle pain, both for you and your patient. Use evidence-based strategies, and self-treatment techniques to empower your patients to take control of their pain. The importance of over-recruiting and under-recruiting the pelvic floor musculature will be considered in this course; referral to a pelvic health physiotherapist will be emphasized for the treatment of pelvic girdle pain when appropriate. However, this is an external-based course for all clinicians who treat pelvic girdle pain in their practice. You will be amazed at the simplicity and effectiveness of these techniques. The pelvic girdle simplified!
Through completion of this course, participants will:
- Review pelvic floor anatomy, particularly in regards to its influence on pelvic girdle pain
- Understand the common impairments, functional limitations and disabilities associated with patients with pelvic girdle pain
- Critically look at the literature in pelvic girdle pain with regards to assessment and treatment of the SI joint and Pubic symphysis
- Look at an evidence-based classification system for pelvic girdle pain including Reduced Force closure/Form Closure, Excessive force closure, Centrally-driven Pelvic Girdle Pain, as well as Non-specific Inflammatory Pelvic Girdle Pain
- Understand some simple, patient-centered techniques for treating pelvic girdle pain that have great efficacy
- Recognize the importance of a multidisciplinary approach when treating pelvic girdle pain, particularly for those patients with excessive force closure in their pelvic girdles
Handouts to use with your patients are included in the cost of this course (see resources tab)
This course is open to all health care professionals – licensed physiotherapists, physiotherapy students, physiotherapy assistants, occupational therapists, chiropractors, naturopathic doctors, massage therapists, registered kinesiologists, medical doctors, nurses and midwives.
One day course from 8:30am – 4:30pm
Registration begins on the first day 30 minutes prior to the start time.
This course is both lecture format and practical labs
No internal palpation required on this course
If registering for Pregnancy and The Pelvic Floor AND Pelvic Girdle Pain and The Pelvic Floor:
Early bird price: $525 ($593.24 including HST) – before 2016/10/15
Standard price: $575 ($649.75 including HST) – after 2016/10/16