In this course, the participants will learn to optimize the health of women and couples trying to conceive, pregnant women, and postpartum women from an integrative approach.
1. The participants will demonstrate understanding of necessary nutrients for fertility, hormone balance, egg and sperm health.
2. The participants will learn how to implement a program to reduce environmental toxin burden prior to pregnancy.
3. The participants will learn to support women to choose the right fitness activity and intensity based on hormone health factors to improve fertility.
4. The participants will learn nutrients required for each trimester of pregnancy, and be able to safely recommend quality prenatal supplements.
5. The participants will understand how to recommend exercise, sleep and stress management strategies to improve perinatal health and postpartum recovery.
6. The participants will understand how to improve diversity and health of the mother’s gut microbiome in order to reduce health risks at deliver and for her infant.
7. The participants will demonstrate supporting a new mother (and her family) with health coaching strategies to determine her health vision postpartum.
8. The participants will demonstrate a sample food plan for a new mother to optimize her postpartum recovery and improve her breast milk quality.
Audience: Physical and Occupational Therapists, Nutritionists, Fitness Professionals, Health Coaches, Naturopaths, Midwives, Doulas, Nurses and Physicians (any women’s health or wellness professional)
Two day course from 8:30am-5:00pm
Registration begins on the first day 15 minutes prior to the start time.