Date to be determined as this program will be offered continuously during the year, with a new group starting every time there are 10 people registered
Instructors: These amazing women are a hand-selected group of clinicians with expertise in a biopsychosocial framework, having participated in a “Train the Trainer” program with Carolyn Vandyken
Cost: $199 + HST for a ten-month online program,
Setting: This live online, small-group program (max. 10 participants) will meet for one hour every month to go over case studies generated by the participants to consolidate your skills of using a biopsychosocial framework. The integration of pain biology education with a focus on developing self-efficacy in your patients will be the two values that will create the basis for these mentoring group. Questionnaire utilization and treatment selection based on each patient’s unique presentation of sensitization will be discussed at every session.
These groups will have a rolling start; as soon as ten participants sign up, the next group will start. July and August will always be free and clear of meetings, but monthly meetings will be held throughout the rest of the year (date and time to be negotiated within each group of participants).
- To give participants an online opportunity to expand their knowledge with a clinician who has developed expertise in using a biopsychosocial framework
- To give participants the opportunity to fine-tune their skills in pelvic health
- To generate a comfortable, small-group learning environment where safety to ask questions and explore understanding is foremost
- To consolidate the knowledge-base learned in Levels 1-3 (there will be 1-2 groups which will NOT be pelvic health focused for those who want to develop their orthopedic skills within a biopsychosocial framework
- To provide an affordable opportunity for consolidating clinical reasoning skills within a biopsychosocial framework
Pelvic Health Stream:
You must have completed Levels 1-3, or their equivalent as a pelvic health therapist in order to participate in the pelvic health stream.
We do have one dedicated orthopedic therapist, with 40 years’ experience in persistent pain that will take a small group through the same learning principles/experience if pelvic health is only a small or non-existent part of your practice.