Functional Nutrition for Women’s Health educates the participants to skillfully understand the research on functional nutrition, and lifestyle medicine (such as sleep improvement, daily movement, and stress reduction strategies) to address:
- Sex Differences in The Stress Response using Nutrition and Mind-Body Medicine to Reduce Stress in Women.
- Optimizing Digestive Function and Supporting Healthy Nutrition Through the Lifespan.
- The Elevated Risk of Autoimmunity in Women and how to mitigate that risk and support women with autoimmune conditions with nutrition and lifestyle medicine strategies.
- Maintaining Hormone Health from Puberty through Menopause and Beyond.
- Minimizing Cardiovascular Disease Risk in Women.
- Mood Disorders, and Mild Cognitive Impairment in Women
- Prevention of Healer Burnout using a Functional Nutrition approach to Practice.
Objectives: The course participants will:
- Demonstrate understanding of the functional medicine perspective of root cause resolution and physiologic systems operation.
- Understand how to screen for common women’s health concerns that can be addressed with a functional nutrition and lifestyle medicine approach (such as hormonal imbalances, physiologic impacts of stress, pelvic pain, infertility, painful periods, constipation, bladder pain, perimenopause symptoms, overtraining syndrome/ RED-S in female athletes, etc.)
- Apply functional nutrition strategies to optimize digestive function to address common concerns in women (such as bloating, constipation, increased intestinal permeability/ poor nutrient absorption, and gut dysbiosis.)
- Apply functional nutrition strategies to reduce autoimmune symptoms related to common women’s health concerns (such as vulvodynia and postpartum thyroiditis.)
- Apply functional nutrition strategies to reduce risk factors for common cardiovascular and brain health issues in women (such as PCOS, postmenopausal heart disease, depression, brain fog/ mild cognitive impairment, stroke, and dementia.)
- Demonstrate ideas for shifting their mindset, and work practices to reduce their risk for burnout and compassion fatigue, but using a functional medicine approach to practice.
This course is open to certified wellness professionals such as health coaches, fitness professionals or yoga instructors, or licensed healthcare professionals such as physical therapists, nutritionists, physicians, occupational therapists or acupuncturists
Two-day course from 9am – 5pm
Registration begins on the first day 15 minutes prior to the start time.
Please note: $99 + HST Symposium rate if registering for both events – offer limited to the first 15 registrants!