Position: Pelvic Health Physiotherapist
Closing Date: April 30, 2018 or later
Contact name: Justin Vanderleest
Contact email: email@example.com.
Phone number: 647-533-4933
Website address: www.citrussportsmedicine.com
Join a team of 14 family physicians, five physiotherapists, two chiropractors, one massage therapist, a naturopathic doctor and a dietician. There are 2 clinic locations in Toronto. It’s a fun working environment with excellent practitioners!
Who are we?
- We collaborate with Citrus Medical Centre and there is a strong referral base. There is a huge demand for pelvic health physical therapy.
- 2 family physicians practise low risk obstetrics at St. Joseph’s Hospital in Toronto
- 12 family physicians have a heavy women’s health practice.
- Each week: at least 100 prenatal visits and 100 post-partum visits
- Our physicians and rehab professionals work together closely to optimize patient outcomes.
- MSK patients seeing their family doctor or a walk-in doctor can expect to meet a physiotherapist same day, as our doctors routinely consult the rehabilitation staff for their expertise as part of the referral process.
- Our rehabilitation professionals recognize each other’s strengths and generously support each other’s practices. When a patient gets one of us, they get all of us.
- Pelvic health qualifications (Level 1 & 2 is a minimum requirement)
- A confident physiotherapist with an aptitude for manual therapy who is committed to formal continuing education and wants to engage in our regular education sessions to continually improve their skill set and help their peers develop.
- Interest in developing relationships with the community of moms in our neighbourhood – this may involve educational sessions for our patients.
- Familiarity with various sports, fitness and strength training is an asset.
- Commitment to quality patient education is necessary.
How we work: We do 60 min assessments and 30 min treatments with both open concept and private treatment spaces available. Our focus is manual therapy and exercise-based rehabilitation with an emphasis on correcting faulty movement patterns that cause injury. We have a full complement of electrophysical modalities available.
Education & mentorship opportunities: The rehabilitation professionals do structured bi-weekly multidisciplinary education sessions to discuss best practices and practice manual therapy skills. Additionally, we do regular lunch-and-learn sessions with our physicians to ensure the doctors understand the physiotherapy scope of practice and continue to enhance their orthopaedic skillset. The clinic director is an FCAMPT who is available for ongoing mentorship.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please email your CV to Justin Vanderleest at firstname.lastname@example.org.